Monday, January 28, 2013

Quickly encrypt a file

Use gpg:

gpg -c file.txt #gpg encryption with symmetric keys

If gpg is not installed install gpg.

yum install gpg #Fedora
apt-get install gpg #Ubuntu

Unrelated Gossip:
It is due to privacy concerns that I'm not on FB. Even after making my friends' list private, one of my friends could see my hidden friend in "People you may know" suggestions and could see me as one of the "common friends" in a popup. I know FB is doing exactly what they clearly declare they are doing in their privacy policy. But this is also a fact that any kind of revelation of my one friend to another friend, whatsoever the case may be, is completely unacceptable to me. Anyway, I immediately deleted my account to prevent further revelation.

No comments:

Post a Comment