Monday, January 28, 2013

Why I switched from Ubuntu to Fedora

Update:

I switched back to Ubuntu (13.04) during last week of August 2013 when a normal Fedora update (sudo yum update) made my system begin to freeze frequently and unexpectedly. I reinstalled Fedora 19 using Live USB stick, but as soon as I updated the system (sudo yum update), the freezing symptom started appearing again.

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?format=multiple&id=1001949

Original Post
After using Ubuntu for 1.5 years, I decided to switch to Fedora because of concerns about privacy and openness.

And of course, I wanted to recover my lost love, Gnome-Shell.

(When Shuttleworth stepped down, Canonical could really hire someone as serious as Stallman.)


1 comment:

  1. I hope your blog continue growing. You post useful information.
    Actually I'm using Fedora 18 as well

    ReplyDelete